Carpet Barn building set for demolition
June 3, 2010
The former Carpet Barn on South Carson Street will be demolished this summer and rebuilt into a new Aaron’s Sales and Lease store.
The furniture and electronics leasing company will relocate from its current location at 3777 N. Carson St. Aaron’s Sales and Lease purchased the former Carpet Barn building, 3355 S. Carson St., in February for $409,950.
James Nichols, the general manager of Aaron’s Carson City store, said the new location is expected to open in October after the 32-year-old red building with a barn facade is torn down this summer.
“It will be bigger by at least a third,” Nichols said of the new location. “It will just be easier to get to.”
The Carpet Barn shuttered in December 2008.
Trending In: Business
- Minimum wage, labor issues would impact businesses
- Lance Gilman: ‘Third and possibly biggest hurrah’ may be coming to Tahoe Reno Industrial Center
- Carson City ranks as healthiest housing market in Nevada
- Owners of Lake Tahoe’s famed Cal Neva resort file for bankruptcy
- Carson City Harley-Davidson will stay closed while parties try to sell