Carson City resident wins laughing-gas contest
July 29, 2011
Carson City resident Tiffany O’Day recently won $500 in gas cards as the first-place winner of Greater Nevada Credit Union’s Laughing Gas Photo Facebook contest. The contest ran May 1 to June 12, and all U.S. residents age 18 and older were eligible to enter.
Contestants submitted photos wearing GNCU’s Embarrassing Car Contest Glasses, which were provided by their local GNCU branch. The winners were selected based upon the photos with the highest number of Facebook votes. O’Day’s entry, titled “Gas Prices Are Even Scary in Space,” features her wearing the contest glasses while on a roller coaster ride.
“The contest was part of our vehicle loan campaign,” said Ron Willard, vice president of marketing for GNCU. “We wanted a fun and engaging way to promote the benefits of borrowing through our credit union, and we received some very creative submissions in the process.”
The second-place winner was awarded $350 in gas cards, and the third-prize winner was awarded $150 in gas cards. The contest generated a total of 1,914 votes.
Trending In: Business
- Lance Gilman: ‘Third and possibly biggest hurrah’ may be coming to Tahoe Reno Industrial Center
- Carson City Harley-Davidson will stay closed while parties try to sell
- Owners of Lake Tahoe’s famed Cal Neva resort file for bankruptcy
- Carson City Nature’s Bakery facility honored with safety award
- Bently preserves history at Minden Flour Mill