Comstock pour of gold, silver up
April 12, 2014
VIRGINIA CITY — Comstock Mining Inc. reported pouring double the gold ounces and far outstripping the silver ounces poured during the first quarter, compared with the same three months last year.
The company said it poured more than 4,500 ounces of gold and almost 50,000 ounces of silver, which compares with 2,261 gold ounces and 15,599 silver ounces in the first quarter of 2013.
The company mined approximately 950,000 tons of mineralized material and waste, it reported in a news release. It continues to transition from higher-grade segments of the mine plan and moving through some higher stripping ratios, it said, delivering more than 205,000 tons to the leach pad that represented some of the highest gold and silver grades crushed to date.
The mining firm also said it continues to reduce costs of mining, with a target of dropping them more than $6 million this year when compared with 2014.
Trending In: Business
- Carson City ranks as healthiest housing market in Nevada
- Minimum wage, labor issues would impact businesses
- Lance Gilman: ‘Third and possibly biggest hurrah’ may be coming to Tahoe Reno Industrial Center
- 2017 United Soccer League season marks inaugural campaign for Reno 1868 FC,
- Owners of Lake Tahoe’s famed Cal Neva resort file for bankruptcy