Holiday hiring expected to add 10,000 jobs
November 16, 2016
As the holiday season approaches employers are expected to add about 10,000 jobs to the state's workforce.
Economist Chelsea Walburg of the Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation said job gains were nearly 12,000 in 2014 but dipped a bit last winter.
During the recession and early stages of recovery, seasonal gains eased noticeably," she said. "It is our expectation that this year's seasonal hiring will be slightly more robust due to the strengthening economy."
Most of those jobs are temporary and will be in retail companies but some are in wholesale trade and transportation-warehousing businesses.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Lance Gilman: ‘Third and possibly biggest hurrah’ may be coming to Tahoe Reno Industrial Center
- Owner of Tahoe-Reno Industrial Center says he just likes to build
- Holistic veterinarian practice opens in Carson City
- Rail Center moving forward in Lyon and Churchill Counties
- Business is mushrooming at Carson City’s Aloha Medicinals