Reno-area pizzaria owners target expansion
September 25, 2013
The new owner of the two Papa John's pizzerias in Reno says Northern Nevada is a "blank slate" when it comes to expansion opportunities for the quick-service pizza chain.
Bryan Casuscelli, who purchased the Papa John's stores in northwest Reno and Damonte Ranch with Rick Rebozzi of San Jose, Calif., hopes to open additional franchise locations in Carson City and Carson Valley, Reno, Sparks, Fernley, Fallon, Elko and the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe in the next five to eight years.
Opening a location, Casuscelli says, runs about $250,000 plus operating capital. Reno-Sparks at one time had four Papa John's locations, but two closed. The two remaining stores are at McQueen Crossing on Robb Drive and Mae Anne Avenue and in the Smith's Shopping Center at South Meadows Parkway and Double R Boulevard.
Trending In: Business
- Lance Gilman: ‘Third and possibly biggest hurrah’ may be coming to Tahoe Reno Industrial Center
- Owners of Lake Tahoe’s famed Cal Neva resort file for bankruptcy
- Carson City Nature’s Bakery facility honored with safety award
- Nature’s Bakery, started in Carson City, sponsors driver Danica Patrick
- Ganesha brings manufacturing to Carson City