Reno-area pizzaria owners target expansion
September 25, 2013
The new owner of the two Papa John’s pizzerias in Reno says Northern Nevada is a “blank slate” when it comes to expansion opportunities for the quick-service pizza chain.
Bryan Casuscelli, who purchased the Papa John’s stores in northwest Reno and Damonte Ranch with Rick Rebozzi of San Jose, Calif., hopes to open additional franchise locations in Carson City and Carson Valley, Reno, Sparks, Fernley, Fallon, Elko and the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe in the next five to eight years.
Opening a location, Casuscelli says, runs about $250,000 plus operating capital. Reno-Sparks at one time had four Papa John’s locations, but two closed. The two remaining stores are at McQueen Crossing on Robb Drive and Mae Anne Avenue and in the Smith’s Shopping Center at South Meadows Parkway and Double R Boulevard.
Trending In: Business
- Nevada Division of Mortgage Lending unable to watchdog lenders
- Carson City Harley-Davidson will stay closed while parties try to sell
- Owners of Lake Tahoe’s famed Cal Neva resort file for bankruptcy
- Nature’s Bakery, started in Carson City, sponsors driver Danica Patrick
- Bently preserves history at Minden Flour Mill