Ross to open its doors Saturday
March 6, 2014
Ross Dress For Less, an off-price apparel chain store, is opening the Carson City outlet at Southgate shopping center Saturday after moving in from northern Douglas County.
The store, which had been at 914 Jacks Valley Road, was closed and the move is being completed this week for a grand opening at 9 a.m., which will be preceded by an 8:45 a.m. ribbon-cutting ceremony. The address for the new outlet is 4201 S. Carson St.
Mayor Robert Crowell and others on the city’s Board of Supervisors are expected to attend the ceremonial event, according to Ronni Hannaman of the city’s Chamber of Commerce. The chamber executive director said this is an opportunity to welcome the first of three new retailers opening soon in city malls, two of them in a few weeks at the Carson Mall. Sportsman’s Warehouse, an outfitter, and Bealls, another apparel store, will be opening there.
Ross Dress For Less has 1146 stores under the Ross nameplate in 33 states, and 130 discount outlets under another name operating in 10 states. The public company is headquartered in Pleasonton, Calif.
The public reported $10.2 billion in revenues last year. It trades under the symbol ROST and the stock closed in the market Wednesday afternoon at $71.95, off a nickel.
Trending In: Business
- Lance Gilman: ‘Third and possibly biggest hurrah’ may be coming to Tahoe Reno Industrial Center
- Switch opens world’s biggest data center in Northern Nevada
- Carson City Harley-Davidson will stay closed while parties try to sell
- Carson City airport grows with community
- Carson City Nature’s Bakery facility honored with safety award