Sportsman’s Warehouse will hire about 50 for Carson Mall outlet
August 24, 2013
About 50 employees, 80 percent of them part-time workers, will be hired for the new Sportsman’s Warehouse outlet set to open at the Carson Mall next spring.
When the Carson City store opens in a renovated space of more than 42,000 square feet, employees will come from both elsewhere and here, marketing executive Karen Seaman said in response to emailed questions.
“We do both, though most positions will be filled from the local market,” she said.
Seaman didn’t provide a specific month for the opening, but she did say there will be a “soft opening” for a couple of weeks and then a grand-opening event. Retailers do that to gain experience before big kickoffs in new communities with mostly new staffers.
Seaman said the Carson City outlet will be somewhat similar to the Reno store but “will cater to local needs that arise regarding product mix.” The company’s outfitter inventory includes hunting, fishing, camping and hiking supplies, along with clothing.
Trending In: Business
- Latin American business people visiting Carson City
- Nevada Division of Mortgage Lending unable to watchdog lenders
- Owners of Lake Tahoe’s famed Cal Neva resort file for bankruptcy
- Carson City Harley-Davidson will stay closed while parties try to sell
- Manufacturer of cosmetic and pharmaceutical products expands into Dayton