Sportsman’s Warehouse will hire about 50 for Carson Mall outlet
August 24, 2013
About 50 employees, 80 percent of them part-time workers, will be hired for the new Sportsman's Warehouse outlet set to open at the Carson Mall next spring.
When the Carson City store opens in a renovated space of more than 42,000 square feet, employees will come from both elsewhere and here, marketing executive Karen Seaman said in response to emailed questions.
"We do both, though most positions will be filled from the local market," she said.
Seaman didn't provide a specific month for the opening, but she did say there will be a "soft opening" for a couple of weeks and then a grand-opening event. Retailers do that to gain experience before big kickoffs in new communities with mostly new staffers.
Seaman said the Carson City outlet will be somewhat similar to the Reno store but "will cater to local needs that arise regarding product mix." The company's outfitter inventory includes hunting, fishing, camping and hiking supplies, along with clothing.
Trending In: Business
- Minimum wage, labor issues would impact businesses
- 2017 United Soccer League season marks inaugural campaign for Reno 1868 FC,
- Lance Gilman: ‘Third and possibly biggest hurrah’ may be coming to Tahoe Reno Industrial Center
- Carson City ranks as healthiest housing market in Nevada
- Owners of Lake Tahoe’s famed Cal Neva resort file for bankruptcy