State buildings sell for $11M
March 24, 2014
A Maryland investor has purchased two office buildings leased by the state government in Carson City in one of the largest office transactions in Northern Nevada in recent years.
Holly Lakepoint LLC purchased the buildings on Technology Way, which total 102,000 square feet, for $11 million.
Thomas Johnson of Sperry Van Ness, which represented both the buyer and the seller, said the buyer owns a portfolio of buildings leased to state governments and other governmental agencies in Maryland and neighboring areas. The Carson City acquisition was part of a 1031 exchange, a type of transaction that allows deferral of taxes on a capital gain.
The three-story buildings are occupied by the Nevada Department of Health and Human Services.
Two pad sites that could be developed into two additional 51,000-square-foot buildings also were part of the transaction. Johnson said the buyer will hold them for possible development.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Owner of Tahoe-Reno Industrial Center says he just likes to build
- Lance Gilman: ‘Third and possibly biggest hurrah’ may be coming to Tahoe Reno Industrial Center
- Expedia names Carson City as top Christmas shopping site
- Can (or should) Jack’s Bar be saved?
- Google joins tech companies at Tahoe Reno Industrial Center