Tahoe Dive Center set to leave Carson Mall
April 10, 2014
Tahoe Dive Center is moving next month from Carson Mall to 444 E. William St.
The store, which sells rental gear and new items, is at 1305 S. Carson St. Its operators said in a release that Carrington Co., the mall owner, had decided that now that there's a new mall anchor, tenants' rents will escalate. Sportsman's Warehouse, an outdoor outfitter, already opened this spring, and Bealls family apparel department store will have a grand opening April 24.
"So we decided to vote with our feet and move to a better location, closer to the (Community Center) pool, with better traffic and exposure," according to the center's release. It will move in May to space between a Red Wing Shoe store and a Progressive insurance office on the north side of William Street in the strip mall west of U.S. Bank, which is at 599 E. William St.
The center said that the less that must be moved, the better, so everything at the current location will be on sale until the move is made. No pricing was included in the release. Sales staffers said customers can make offers and negotiate over items' prices. The outlet said the move will begin the first of May, "with heavy stuff on May 4th."
The release says the outlet, formerly Strictly Scuba, was in the current location five years.
Trending In: Business
- Lance Gilman: ‘Third and possibly biggest hurrah’ may be coming to Tahoe Reno Industrial Center
- Carson City ranks as healthiest housing market in Nevada
- Bently preserves history at Minden Flour Mill
- Owners of Lake Tahoe’s famed Cal Neva resort file for bankruptcy
- 2017 United Soccer League season marks inaugural campaign for Reno 1868 FC,
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty