Yanuck takes over as chamber’s chairman
October 16, 2013
Gil Yanuck, AARP representative and retired businessman, assumed the chairmanship of the Carson City Chamber of Commerce this month.
He took over after the resignation of Lisa Stirgus, who left because of a Wells Fargo bank transfer to Seattle. Yanuck, who retired as owner and chief executive officer of a Southern California aerospace company called Monogram Systems, has been a member of the chamber board since 2010. He will serve as chamber chair until mid-2014.
Joyce Whitney-Silva, chief financial officer of Greater Nevada Credit Union, has moved up to join the chamber executive committee as secretary/treasurer.
Hellen Barclay, an area district manger, will assume the Wells Fargo seat vacated by Stirgus. With the resignation of Carol Lucey as president of Western Nevada College, her seat will be filled by WNC’s vice president of finance, Chet Burton.
Ronni Hannaman is the chamber’s executive director.
Trending In: Business
- Owners of Lake Tahoe’s famed Cal Neva resort file for bankruptcy
- FoodMaxx plans Nov. opening in Carson City
- Nevada Division of Mortgage Lending unable to watchdog lenders
- Carson City Harley-Davidson will stay closed while parties try to sell
- GOED board approves tax breaks to bring recycling companies to Nevada