Yanuck takes over as chamber’s chairman
October 16, 2013
Gil Yanuck, AARP representative and retired businessman, assumed the chairmanship of the Carson City Chamber of Commerce this month.
He took over after the resignation of Lisa Stirgus, who left because of a Wells Fargo bank transfer to Seattle. Yanuck, who retired as owner and chief executive officer of a Southern California aerospace company called Monogram Systems, has been a member of the chamber board since 2010. He will serve as chamber chair until mid-2014.
Joyce Whitney-Silva, chief financial officer of Greater Nevada Credit Union, has moved up to join the chamber executive committee as secretary/treasurer.
Hellen Barclay, an area district manger, will assume the Wells Fargo seat vacated by Stirgus. With the resignation of Carol Lucey as president of Western Nevada College, her seat will be filled by WNC's vice president of finance, Chet Burton.
Ronni Hannaman is the chamber's executive director.
Trending In: Business
- Lance Gilman: ‘Third and possibly biggest hurrah’ may be coming to Tahoe Reno Industrial Center
- Bently preserves history at Minden Flour Mill
- 2017 United Soccer League season marks inaugural campaign for Reno 1868 FC,
- Nature’s Bakery, started in Carson City, sponsors driver Danica Patrick
- Carson City Nature’s Bakery facility honored with safety award
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Wall of snow at Heavenly