50 citations issued during crosswalk operation
August 10, 2014
On Friday, 50 citations were issued during the Carson City Sheriff's Office pedestrian crosswalk operation on Carson Street. In the past month, three pedestrians have been struck by vehicles in the Carson City area while utilizing marked crosswalks.
The operation was conducted in two stages with the Nevada Highway Patrol assisting on North Carson Street during the noon hour near the Grocery Outlet. Two deputies, dressed in bright orange shirts and hats crossed the roadway once vehicles approached a pre-designated distance which would allow them ample time to stop for pedestrians.
The second half was held on South Carson Street near Arbys during the late afternoon hours. In addition to citations being issued for failure to yield to a pedestrian, some citations were written for speeding and cell phone use.
Trending In: Crime
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Multiple drug and alcohol related arrested during the weekend says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested on warrant, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Three arrested in connection with meth lab in Carson City
- Man arrested after car-jacking turns into attempted kidnapping