50 citations issued during crosswalk operation
August 10, 2014
On Friday, 50 citations were issued during the Carson City Sheriff’s Office pedestrian crosswalk operation on Carson Street. In the past month, three pedestrians have been struck by vehicles in the Carson City area while utilizing marked crosswalks.
The operation was conducted in two stages with the Nevada Highway Patrol assisting on North Carson Street during the noon hour near the Grocery Outlet. Two deputies, dressed in bright orange shirts and hats crossed the roadway once vehicles approached a pre-designated distance which would allow them ample time to stop for pedestrians.
The second half was held on South Carson Street near Arbys during the late afternoon hours. In addition to citations being issued for failure to yield to a pedestrian, some citations were written for speeding and cell phone use.
Trending In: Crime
- Carson City man killed in motorcyle crash
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested on suspicion of drug trafficking
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Woman arrested on suspicion of warrant
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell
- Man stabbed in altercation in Carson City