50 citations issued during crosswalk operation
August 10, 2014
On Friday, 50 citations were issued during the Carson City Sheriff's Office pedestrian crosswalk operation on Carson Street. In the past month, three pedestrians have been struck by vehicles in the Carson City area while utilizing marked crosswalks.
The operation was conducted in two stages with the Nevada Highway Patrol assisting on North Carson Street during the noon hour near the Grocery Outlet. Two deputies, dressed in bright orange shirts and hats crossed the roadway once vehicles approached a pre-designated distance which would allow them ample time to stop for pedestrians.
The second half was held on South Carson Street near Arbys during the late afternoon hours. In addition to citations being issued for failure to yield to a pedestrian, some citations were written for speeding and cell phone use.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- 2 held on domestic battery charges, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Two arrested on suspicion of drug trafficking says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Multiple deaths in Silver Springs being investigated
- Arrest made involving vehicle used to try to hit people, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office