After chase, arrest made in hit-and-run accident
August 6, 2014
Melanie Marnne-Lawson, 53, of Reno was arrested Tuesday after a lengthy car chase with the Nevada Highway Patrol and California Highway Patrol.
Troopers were called after a hit-and-run accident that occurred at U.S. 395 at Eastlake Blvd. Reno NHP troopers spotted the vehicle headed north in Reno but the green pick-up refused to stop and led several NHP units on a chase that reached speeds of 85 mph. NHP received permission to continue the chase into California at Bordertown north of Reno and used stop sticks at the state line.
The vehicle continued driving despite having three flat tires until it skidded into the center median and got stuck.
Marnne-Lawson faces potential charges in Nevada including hit-and-run, reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident and attempting to elude police. She was arrested by CHP for possible driving under the influence and eluding police.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Man arrested on felony hit and run, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested on suspicion of felony burglary says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Woman arrested on parole violation, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office seeks burglary suspects
- Man arrested on DUI-third, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office