Break-in at Animal Services under investigation
July 24, 2014
The Carson City Animal Services offices are the latest victim of a break-in in eastern Carson City.
Animal Services was closed down Thursday while crews cleaned up the mess caused by burglars during Wednesday night. The sheriff's department is investigating.
A spokesman said, however, all animals in the shelter have been accounted for and are safe.
Animal Services officials said they expected to reopen for business Friday.
A spokesman said apparently all the bandits took was the petty cash in the office.
Assistant Sheriff Steve Albertsen said there have been several other break-ins in that area on Butti Way and nearby Desatoya Drive, including one state office building.
He also said this isn't the first time Animal Services has been burglarized.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Man arrested on three counts of destruction of property says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- 20-year-old held for stolen vehicle, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- OJ Simpson faces good chance at parole in Nevada robbery
- DMV catches fugitive who fled prison 25 years ago
- More than 15 ounces of pot recovered in Carson City