Break-in at Animal Services under investigation
July 24, 2014
The Carson City Animal Services offices are the latest victim of a break-in in eastern Carson City.
Animal Services was closed down Thursday while crews cleaned up the mess caused by burglars during Wednesday night. The sheriff’s department is investigating.
A spokesman said, however, all animals in the shelter have been accounted for and are safe.
Animal Services officials said they expected to reopen for business Friday.
A spokesman said apparently all the bandits took was the petty cash in the office.
Assistant Sheriff Steve Albertsen said there have been several other break-ins in that area on Butti Way and nearby Desatoya Drive, including one state office building.
He also said this isn’t the first time Animal Services has been burglarized.
Trending In: Crime
- Carson City man killed in motorcyle crash
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested on suspicion of drug trafficking
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Woman arrested on suspicion of warrant
- Man stabbed in altercation in Carson City
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell