Carson City burglary ring member pleads guilty to charges
April 25, 2015
One member of a burglary ring that hit three Nevada counties last year plead guilty Friday.
Drake Vancleave, 50, entered a guilty and waived his right to a preliminary hearing in exchange for his charges to be reduced. Originally, Vancleave was charged with three counts of burglary and one count of possession of stolen property value over $3,500. The chargers were reducted to one count of burglary and one count of possession of stolen property.
The burglary ring started breaking into houses in Carson City last summer before moving into Carson Valley in January and Washoe Valley in February.
Five other individuals, including the alleged ring-leader Tracey Lock, have been arrested for the crimes and have been awaiting a court date.
Vancleave was also charged Friday for several misdemeanor charges including two counts of contempt of court and a suspended sentence violation. For those charges he will face 112 days in jail and $10,000 bail.
He will be sentenced on May 4.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Carson City man arrested after standoff
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Carson City man arrested on suspicion of domestic battery says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested for stabbing woman, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested for DUI, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office