Carson City Sheriff’s Log
July 22, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 12:45 a.m. Mark Rosales, 41, a transient, was arrested on suspicion of drugs without a prescription after deputies responded to a report of a suicidal subject in the 1000 block of Minnesota Street. He was also charged as an ex-felon failing to register. Bail was set at $2,750.
• At 3:45 p.m. Amy Thompson, 35, was arrested on suspicion of the 3200 block of Highway 50 East after deputies responded to a report of a woman looking into cars and trying door handles in the parking lot. A search of her person resulted in charges of possession of drugs without a prescription and contempt of court. Bail was set at a total of $5,000.
• At 11:28 a.m. Michael Mitchell, 28, was arrested on suspicion of burglary after neighbors in the 4000 block of Pheasant Drive reported seeing him climb the backyard fence of a residence then exit the residence from the front door with a trash can containing several items. The witness followed him, helping deputies find and arrest him. Bail was set at $20,000.
Recommended Stories For You
• At 3:28 p.m., a 30-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of driving without a valid license on South Roop and 5th streets. The arresting officer said he had previously encountered the man and cited him for driving without a license several times. Bail was set at $500.
• At 5:14 p.m., Dirk Spraggins, 52, was arrested on suspicion of an outstanding warrant after the deputy saw him in a vehicle alongside the road at Adams and Carson streets and recognized him. The arrest report says that a search of his person and the vehicle revealed a small amount of methamphetamine, paraphernalia and a small amount of pot. He was also charged with probation violations, driving on a suspended license and a fictitious vehicle registration. Total bail was set at $8,150.
• At 5:23 p.m. Steven Truax, 26, of Carson City was arrested on suspicion of trying to sell coins to a coin dealer. Employees said they had a video of Truax stealing the coins from their Reno store. He was charged with fraud, use of an unlawfully derived monetary instrument and possession of stolen property. Bail was set at $6,500.
• At 12:47 a.m., Charles Howe, 44, was arrested on suspicion of felony methamphetamine after a traffic stop at William Street and Oxoby Loop after a traffic stop when a search of the vehicle found what the arrest report described as methamphetamine. He was held in lieu of $2,500 on the felony count.
• At 4:04 a.m., a 30-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of DUI – second offense, impeding the flow of traffic and expired registration. He was arrested after a patrol deputy saw his car sitting in the middle of the road on Telegraph Street. Total bail was set at $2,575.
• At 10:28 p.m., Arecelia Marquez, 41, was arrested on suspicion of fraud charges at an apartment in the 900 block of Woodside Drive. Bail was set at $5,000.
• At 10:45 p.m., a 58-year-old Mountain View, Calif., man was arrested on suspicion of with DUI-first offense after a traffic stop for failure to maintain a lane. The stop happened at Winnie Lane and Carson Street. Bail was set at $1,075.
• At 9:48 p.m. a 52-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion DUI-first offense after a traffic stop because his vehicle nearly hit a patrol car when he turned from King Street onto Mountain Street. He was held in lieu of $1,000 bail.
• At 3:11 a.m. Luis Paniagua-Ponce, 26, was arrested on suspicion of DUI-first offense and felony possession of cocaine after a traffic stop at Carson and Stewart streets. He was also charged with fictitious registration and no proof of insurance. Total bail was set at $4,350. His passenger Omar Rodriguez-Maldonado, 23, was charged with possession of marijuana, alcohol in an open container, not seat belt and possession of meth. His bail was set at $3,250.
• At 1:12 a.m. John Harris, of Florida, was arrested on suspicion of public intoxication after being stopped at Carson and 7th streets. A records search revealed a fugitive from justice warrant with a no bail hold out of Florida. He was also charged with obstructing a peace officer, intoxicated pedestrian, open liquor container and failure to use a crosswalk.
• At 2:41 a.m. a 21-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery after an argument in which the victim said he pulled her out of a car by her leg in the parking lot outside their Woodside Drive residence. Bail was set at $3,000.
• At 3:17 a.m. a 34-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of making threats outside Walmart. Deputies were called to the scene on a report of a man with a knife threatening customers and employees. Bail was set at $500.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Dayton man held on trespassing charge, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested for felony assault with deadly weapon, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Inmate dies at state prison in Carson City
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested on battery charge, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office