Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Felony drug possession charge brought after stop
August 29, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
At 3:43 p.m., a 27-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of failure to appear warrant after a traffic stop at Ladera and Woodside for a suspended registration. Bail was set at $670.
At 7:32 p.m., two men were arrested following a traffic stop in the 3100 block of Debbie Way. Dispatch confirmed both men, Kristopher Aragon and Cody Rogers, were wanted on P&P warrants. During a search of the vehicle, the arrest report says hypodermics that tested positive for heroin were discovered, resulting in a felony possession charge against Rogers. Both were ordered held without bail.
At 7:30 p.m., deputies went to an apartment in the 2700 block of Menlo Way to arrest a 29-year-old Carson man wanted on misdemeanor warrants charging violation of suspended sentence conditions and being an ex-felon failing to register. After getting a warrant and forcing the door open, they arrested him along with another man inside who was wanted as a felony absconder from a California warrant. Oswaldo Torres, 28, was held without bail as a fugitive from justice. The other defendant was held in lieu of $3,250 bail.
Trending In: Crime
- Carson City man killed in motorcyle crash
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested on suspicion of drug trafficking
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Woman arrested on suspicion of warrant
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell
- Man stabbed in altercation in Carson City