Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Five arrested after Fuji Park incident
August 26, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 4:06 p.m., a 19-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous weapon after deputies responded to a report of suspicious activities in the 3300 block of South Carson Street. He had a combination of brass knuckles with a hidden knife inside of it. Bail was set at $2,500.
• At 9:41 a.m., two men were arrested at their South Carson Street apartment — one on an alleged Parole and Probation hold and the other for allegedly violating a suspended sentence condition. Both were charged with obstructing an officer. In addition, a 20-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance.
• At 5:42 p.m., two men were arrested in the 500 block of Jeanell Drive. Shylo Watson, 20, was arrested on suspicion of grand larceny for stealing his mother's pickup truck and held in lieu of $25,000 bail. Drake Martin, 20, was arrested on suspicion of stealing the woman's pistol and carrying it concealed in a back pocket. His bail was a total of $27,500.
Recommended Stories For You
• At 1:09 a.m., a Carson man was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery after witnesses called dispatch to say a man pushed a woman to the ground at Roop Street and Little Lane twice outside Carson Station. He was jailed in lieu of $3,000 bail.
• At 5:42 a.m., a Carson woman was jailed after a worker at the Courtyard Marriott opened an apparently lost wallet and found a baggie containing a white crystal inside. The owner of the wallet, Stephanie Smokey, was arrested on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance and possession of paraphernalia, a pipe. She was also held on a warrant out of East Fork Justice Court. Total bail was set at $3,640.
• At 6:54 a.m., a 22-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of destruction of property for allegedly kicking in the headlight of his sister's car after an argument her home on Dale Drive. Bail was set at $600.
• At 7:08 p.m., Daniel Bridges, 19, was arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance after a report of suspicious subjects in a parking lot on Retail Drive. A search revealed what the arrest report describes as a small amount of heroin. He was also charged with possessing drug paraphernalia and violating bail conditions prohibiting the use of drugs. Bail was set at $6,500.
• At 9:13 p.m., a 19-year-old Carson woman was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery following a dispute with her boyfriend in the parking lot outside their Carson Street apartment. Witnesses said she was punching and slapping him on the head. She was ordered held in lieu of $3,000 bail.
• At 11:21 p.m., five people were arrested in a battle with police at Fuji Park Saturday night, three of them charged with battery on a peace officer. When one of them tried to grab a deputy's pistol, he took the man to the ground but said he was immediately punched in the head from behind. Other deputies also reported being attacked by an unruly crowd and, according to the arrest report, more officers from multiple agencies were called in to control the scene. In the end Alvaro Victorio, 22, Antonio Ortega-Ceniceros, 48, and Adan Ortega, 21, were arrested on suspicion of battery on a peace officer. Adan Ortega was also charged with felony assault with a deadly weapon and held in lieu of $22,500 bail. Victorio was also charged with inciting to riot. In addition, a 21-year-old woman was charged with battery on a peace officer, inciting to riot and resisting a police officer. Her bail was set at $4,500. Finally, a 19-year-old was charged as a minor consuming alcohol.
• At 10:05 p.m., Peter Gill, 36, was arrested on suspicion of a felony charge of assault with a deadly weapon after a report of a man brandishing a weapon.
His brother and mother said Peter came to the apartment angry about bringing up health issues his son was having. "At one point without warning, Peter walked into the bedroom and obtained a handgun from the top shelf in the closet," the report states adding that he then loaded the weapon. When his mother tried to call 911, he allegedly shouted "don't you dare."
She called for help and the brother was able to talk Gill into giving him the weapon. He was held in lieu of $20,000 bail.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Man arrested on suspicion of possession of stolen tools says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Woman arrested on domestic battery warrant says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Update: One suspect arrested in Carson City homicide case
- Several arrested on drug charges over the weekend, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Two suspects arrested in Northern Nevada in relation to Oregon homicide