Carson City Sheriff’s Log for June 10, 2014
June 10, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 6:56 p.m., Angel Fuentes, 25, was arrested on suspicion of heroin possession and possession of drug paraphernalia. He also was held on a contempt of court charge after his arrest in the 2200 block of Eastridge Lane in Carson City. Bail was set at $3,690.
• At 10:50 a.m., Kristina Benavidez, 31, was arrested on suspicion of unlawful sale/possession of food stamps, a felony. Bail was set at $2,500.
• At 12:56 a.m., a 41-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion domestic battery for slapping his 18-year-old son in an argument. Bail was set at $3,000.
• At 5:41 p.m., a 52-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of marijuana possession after deputies responded to a report of a disturbance at the Best Value Motel on Carson Street. Bail was set at $600. In addition, he was booked on an outstanding warrant with bail set at $3,000.
• At 9:41 p.m., Ryan Schroeder, 39, was arrested on felony charges after deputies responded to the Super 8 Motel on a report of an assault with a deadly weapon. According to the report, Schroeder attacked the clerk, accusing him of having an affair with his wife. He allegedly attacked the clerk with two hammers before fleeing the scene. He was stopped at Carson and 9th streets and taken into custody on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, burglary and a probation violation. Bail on the two felony counts was $20,000 each. The probation violation carries a no bail hold.
• At 12:59 a.m., a 40-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of DUI-first after a traffic stop at College Parkway and Roop Street. The stop was made because the vehicle wasn't in its proper lane. He was also charged with having an open container of beer in the car. Bail was set at $1,100.
• At 10:15 a.m., a 27-year-old Carson woman was arrested on suspicion of unlawful possession of food stamps after deputies responded to the 1300 block of Green Court. Bail was set at $2,500 on the felony count.
• A 77-year-old Dayton man faces six misdemeanor counts after his vehicle was stopped at East Long Street and North Saliman Road for a suspended registration. He refused to show his vehicle registration, license and proof of insurance and resisted when officers tried to get him out of the truck. He was arrested on suspicion of obstructing a police officer, resisting arrest, failure to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk, vehicle registration and no proof of insurance as well as a broken brake light. Total bail is $1,300.
• At 4:22 p.m., a 28-year-old Carson man was arrested after officers saw him walking down the middle of Brown Street. He was arrested on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia after the deputy found a "tooter straw" in his pocket with brown residue in it. He also had an outstanding warrant. Total bail was set at $1,500.
• At 5:11 p.m., a 31-year-old Reno man was arrested on suspicion of DUI-first offense after being stopped for failure to maintain a travel lane. The stop occurred in the Nugget Parking lot. He was also charged with possession of a small amount of marijuana. Bail was set at $1,600.
• A Dayton woman was arrested on suspicion of a gross misdemeanor charge of battery on a police officer after deputies responded to a report of three women "rolling around and wrestling on the grass" in the area of Telegraph and Carson streets at 7:49 p.m. The deputy gave the women the option of calling for a sober ride but one, according to the arrest report, became angry and started cussing at deputies and waving her finger in his face. The report says she resisted being controlled, cussing and screaming at the deputy. She was also charged with disorderly conduct and obstructing/resisting. Total bail was set at $2,950.
• At 8:29 p.m., deputies arrested a 38-year-old transient on suspicion of domestic battery against his former girlfriend. The arrest occurred in the parking lot of the Gold Dust West. Bail was set at $3,000.
• At 7:45 p.m., a 21-year-old was arrested on suspicion of providing alcohol to a minor and the 18-year-old with being a minor consuming after deputies were called to the 4100 block of Pheasant Drive on an intoxicated male yelling at subjects as they passed by. Both were also charged with probation violations. Total bail for the adult was $3,600 and, $3.250 for the minor.
• At 11:17 p.m., a 43-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of violating a suspended sentence, resisting arrest with violence and destruction of police property after deputies were dispatched to Sherman Lane on a report of a domestic dispute. The arrest report says he tried to kick one of the arresting deputies and kicked the door of the patrol car so hard it was damaged. Bail was set at $4,500.
• At 11:46 p.m., a 43-year-old Sparks man was arrested on suspicion of DUI-first after a traffic stop at William and Division streets for running a red light. Bail was set at $1,625.
• At 1:58 a.m., a transient from Florida was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct after he was found sleeping in Mills Park. After he said he felt sick, medics were called to the scene but the detainee, according to the report, began to fight with them. Bail was set at $150.
• At 5:06 p.m., a 40-year-old Carson woman was arrested on suspicion of petit larceny from Walmart after being detained by security. Bail was set at $250.
• At 3:26 a.m. a 48-year-old man was arrested at the Frontier Motel on North Carson Street after a woman reported he hit her in the face several times. He was ordered held in lieu of $1,000 bail.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Man arrested on felony hit and run, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office seeks burglary suspects
- Man arrested on suspicion of felony burglary says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- 20-year-old held for stolen vehicle, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested on DUI-third, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office