Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested on burglary, domestic battery charges
August 15, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
At 4:20 p.m., Anselmo Viramontes, 25, was arrested on suspicion of burglary and domestic battery charges after a fight with his ex-wife's boyfriend. According to the police report, he forced his way into her house despite her efforts to keep him out. After a few minutes he fled the residence. He was arrested at a residence on East Nye Lane. The arrest report says he had visible signs of having been in a fight. He was arrested on suspicion of burglary for the break in and domestic battery-first offense and held in lieu of $23,000 bail.
At 5:47 p.m., two women aged 18 and 20 were arrested on petit larceny charges at the Walmart after security stopped them from leaving the store with a basket full of merchandise. Bail for each was set at $250 on the shoplifting charge. One of the two also had a failure to appear warrant in a traffic case, which added $1,695 to her bail.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Update: One suspect arrested in Carson City homicide case
- Several arrested on drug charges over the weekend, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Two suspects arrested in Northern Nevada in relation to Oregon homicide
- Reno man indicted on PayPal fraud charges
- Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested after domestic battery incident