Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested on four felonies after attempting to elude officers
July 28, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 12:34 a.m., a 27-year-old Carson woman was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery against her boyfriend, who suffered cuts and bruises on his neck and hand during an altercation in the 1200 block of East 5th Street. She also was charged with violating bail conditions on three other charges. Total bail was set at $12,000.
• At 3:27 a.m., a 29-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of being a drunken pedestrian and with disorderly conduct. He was arrested at Plaza and Telegraph streets after he was caught urinating on a parked car, cussing at passersby and the deputy who arrested him. Bail was set at $275.
• At 3:19 p.m., a 56-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of felony drug possession. He was stopped by a deputy in Long Street at Rand Avenue. A search of his person revealed a small amount of methamphetamine. He was held in lieu of $2,500 bail.
• At 7:48 p.m., a 34-year-old Minden woman was arrested on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine after the drug was found in a search of her purse during a stop at North Edmonds Drive and Reeves Street. Bail was set at $2,500.
• At 9:17 a.m., a Carson woman was arrested on suspicion of battery after attacking a neighbor who caught her searching through his mailbox in the 1800 block of Fall Street. She was also charged with violating alternative sentencing rules barring the commission of new crimes. Total bail was set at $4,000.
• At 7:11 p.m., a Dayton man and a transient were arrested on suspicion of shoplifting after Walmart security advised they believed the two were shoplifting. One 29-year-old was charged with petty larceny for taking a Bluetooth speaker. His bail was set at $250. The other was charged with possessing a dangerous weapon after deputies discovered a knife in the car. His bail was set at $2,500.
• At 11:19 p.m., an 18-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of a minor consuming alcohol after a test in the 900 block of Beverly Drive showed his blood alcohol to be 0.54 percent. He was also charged with possession of a small amount of marijuana. Bail was set at $750.
• At 1:50 a.m., Osvaldo Ruiz of Carson City was arrested on suspicion of four felony and three misdemeanor counts after allegedly attempting to elude deputies. He was arrested in the 2100 block of East Long Street. Charges against him include assault with a deadly weapon, reckless driving with willful conduct, destruction of property and eluding an officer with endangerment. The misdemeanors include DUI-second offense, obstructing and hit and run. Total bail for Ruiz was set at $71,000.
Trending In: Crime
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary
- Man arrested on suspicion of robbery says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Transient held on battery charge, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Former Lake Tahoe Brewing Co. owner Michael Candelario surrendered to police Tuesday
- High Desert inmate death under investigation