Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested on suspicion of drug charges in front of sheriff’s office
March 10, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law:
• Mallary Chavez, 20 of Reno was charged with uttering a forged instrument. Bail was set at $2.500.
• A 61-year-old Carson man was arrested on two warrants at 11:16 a.m. Total bail was set at $6,105.
• Jeffrey Freeman, 38, of Carson City was jailed at 11:55 a.m. for failure to appear on a burglary charge. Arrested with him was Shawna Freeman, 36, who was charged with violating conditions of her alternative sentencing. In addition, both were charged with felony possession of a controlled substance and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. He was held without bail on the FTA warrant. Her bail was set at a total of $6,500.
• A 53-year-old Carson man was arrested on probation violation for allegedly using alcohol at 1:34 p.m. Bail was set at $3,000.
• A 52-year-old Carson woman was charged with obstructing an officer after she refused to comply with an officer's instructions in an incident on Long Street at 2:56 p.m. Bail was set at $300.
• A 33-year-old Fallon woman was charged with violating conditions of a suspended sentence at 3:45 p.m. Bail was set at $3,000.
• A 33-year-old Gardnerville man was charged with violating bail conditions after a 3:24 p.m. arrest at 900 South Carson. Bail was set at $3,000.
• An 18-year-old Truckee man was arrested on felony probation violation charges at 3:56 p.m. in the Mexican Dam area. He was ordered held without bail.
• An 18-year-old Carson City man was arrested on a contempt warrant after deputies went to investigate an illegal fire in the Mexican Dam area. Bail was set at $500.
• A 44-year-old Carson City woman was arrested on a charge of violating provisions of a suspended sentence after deputies responded to a Sherman Lane residence at 4:55 p.m.. Bail was set at $1,000.
• A 29-year-old Carson woman was arrested on felony probation violation charges and ordered held without bail.
• A 39-year-old Carson woman was charged with contempt and failure to appear. Total bail was set at $3,200.
• April Howe, 28, was charged with battery by a prisoner at 7:25 p.m. in the jail. Bail was set at $30,000.
• Doug Case, 41, was arrested at 10:28 p.m. outside Gold Dust West casino on a felony possession of methamphetamines and misdemeanor trespassing. Total bail was set at $2.650.
• Sacha Lennon, 36, and Cecila Garcia, 34, of Carson City were arrested on felony charges of child concealment and misdemeanor obstructing after deputies went to their home to find Lennon's 14-year-old daughter. According to the arrest report, the judge ordered the search because Lennon's parental rights had been revoked and she was ordered to stay away from the child and the child's father who had legal custody. The child was discovered in the crawl space of the home. Bail for the two was set at a total of $5,300.
• A 27-year-old Reno man was arrested on charges he violated a temporary restraining order barring contact with his ex-girlfriend by texting her. Bail was set at $1,000.
• A 25-year-old Carson City man was charged with marijuana and paraphernalia possession as well as obstructing an officer after a traffic stop at South Carson and Rhodes streets. She was the passenger in the vehicle. Total bail was set at $1,900.
• A 26-year-old Stagecoach woman was charged with DUI after a 1:09 a.m. traffic stop on Curry Street. She was also charged with failure to stop at a stop sign and not having her drivers' license in possession. Total bail was set at $1,050.
• Juan Carlos Castillo, 32, was charged with domestic battery after deputies responded to an address on Carriage Crest Drive at 2:13 a.m. The arrest report says the female victim had visible bruises and cuts on her face. Bail was set at $3,000.
• A 22-year-old Carson man was charged with DUI following a 4:15 a.m. traffic stop at East Nye and Lompa Lane. Bail was set at $1,000.
• A 26-year-old Carson City man was arrested on a warrant charging failure to appear after a traffic stop at Highway 50 and Fairview at 8:19 a.m. Bail was set at $1,355.
• An 18-year-old Carson woman was arrested on contempt of court charges at 11:08 a.m. Bail was set at $1,000.
• A 41-year-old Carson City woman was arrested on a criminal contempt warrant issued in Douglas County at 3:55 p.m. Bail was set at $450.
• Edward Tucker, 41, of Carson City was arrested at 5:10 p.m. after a deputy saw him simulating firing a gun into the front of the sheriff's office on Musser Street. The report says Tucker became confrontational after being told that wasn't wise to play around like that. He was arrested after becoming aggressive, following which a search of his backpack revealed several types of drug paraphernalia, two switchblade style knives and a bottle of prescription pills. He was charged with three counts of paraphernalia possession, disorderly conduct, possession of a small amount of marijuana, all misdemeanors. He was charged with two counts of possessing a dangerous weapon, gross misdemeanors, and a felony count for the prescription pills. Total bail in the case is $11,550.
• Jordan Raiche of Carson City was charged with domestic battery and violating his suspended sentence conditions after deputies were called to an address on Long Street at 5:17 p.m. Bail was set at a total of $4,000.
• John DelVecchio, 27, and Levi Clark, 24, were arrested on a felony charge of heroin possession following a 5:52 p.m. traffic stop at Park and Curry streets. DelVecchio was also charged with not wearing a seat belt. Total bail was set at $2,525. Clark was held without bail on felony counts of failure to appear in a drug case and probation violations.
• Joslyn Tams of Carson City was arrested at Division and Fleischmann at 6:55 p.m. on felony DUI charges following a traffic stop. Bail was set at $20,000.
• Karesa Steep and Mary Adams, of Carson City were arrested on felony drug charges after a 4:21 p.m. traffic stop at College Parkway and Goni Road. They were also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. Total Bail for each was set at $3,500.
• Chad Munns, 25, was arrested in the 2700 block of South Carson Street at 9:09 p.m. on a warrant out of Lyon County charging felony exploitation of a person over 60. He was also charged with petty larceny. Total bail was set at $20,740.
• A Dayton 29-year-old was arrested on misdemeanor charges including possession of drug paraphernalia at 10:27 p.m. Bail was set at $3.025.
• A 27-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 8:50 a.m. on charges he violated conditions of a suspended sentence and contempt of court. Bail was set at $1,000.
• A 27-year-old Carson City man was arrested on gross misdemeanor charge of abuse of 911 at 1 p.m. He called 911 to complain that his girlfriend phoned him while she was having sex with another man.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies, violent crimes and DUIs. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.
Trending In: Crime
- Woman arrested for slashing tires, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary
- Man arrested on suspicion of felony elder abuse says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- High Desert inmate death under investigation
- Man arrested on suspicion of robbery says Carson City Sheriff’s Office