Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested on two outstanding warrants
June 10, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 11:16 a.m. a Gardnerville man was arrested on suspicion of three felony counts. Stephen Yews, 20, was one of four people in a car stopped for suspended license plates at Roop and John streets. He originally identified himself as Devlyn Hamilton but officers were suspicious because he was nervous and didn't know his Social Security number. When he gave his true name, deputies found he had two warrants — one from Douglas County and one from Parole and Probation as an absconder — both with no bail holds. In addition, he was charged with felony false ID to avoid prosecution.
• At 1:39 p.m., a 32-year-old Carson woman was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery. She turned herself in after being advised a warrant had been issued. Bail was set at $3,000.
• At 3:21 p.m., a 48-year-old transient was arrested on suspicion he stole liquor from 1400 block of Rand Avenue. Bail was set at $250.
• At 11:41 p.m., a 56-year-old Carson man was arrested after deputies went to an apartment in the 1600 block of East Long Street. He allegedly shoved a woman during an argument. Bail was set at $3,000.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Inmate dies at state prison in Carson City
- Man arrested for felony assault with deadly weapon, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested on battery charge, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- 2 held on domestic battery charges, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office