Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Woman arrested on three counts of child neglect
August 6, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 11:23 a.m., Melissa Kneese, 35, was arrested on suspicion of three counts of child neglect/endangerment after deputies visited her room at the Frontier Motel on Carson Street. According to the arrest report, the apartment was filthy with rotting food in dirty dishes and dangerous tools and other items scattered around the room. The report says the children were dirty and wearing filthy clothes. The youngest child was asking repeatedly for food. The children were turned over to Child and Family Services. Bail in the case was set at a total of $8,500.
• At 7:25 p.m., a 20-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of petit larceny after Walmart security said he tried to leave the store with a basket containing more than $150 worth of items. Deputies charged him with petit larceny and as a minor consuming alcohol. Total bail was set at $400.
• At 10:51 p.m., a 46-year-old California man was arrested on a warrant charging petit larcney at Washington and Richmond streets. Bail was set at $250.
Trending In: Crime
- Transient held on battery charge, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- 60-year-old arrested for DUI, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Prison for Fernley woman in deadly DUI crash
- Former Lake Tahoe Brewing Co. owner Michael Candelario surrendered to police Tuesday
- Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Women booked for child endangerment