Carson City sheriff’s log: Woman arrested on warrant for embezzlement
June 28, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 9:49 a.m., A 61-year-old Carson woman was booked on misdemeanor Douglas County warrants charging embezzlement and exploitation of an elderly person. She was arrested after dispatch discovered the warrants following a traffic stop at Koontz and Baker. Bail was set at $1,500.
• At 10:13 p.m., Darrel Fisher, 65, a homeless man, was arrested on suspicion of felony burglary and petit larceny from Walmart after trying to leave the store with a shopping cart containing several items. He was ordered held in lieu of $20,550 bail after a records check revealed several prior offenses including an earlier burglary.
• Joanna Shirey, 21, and Alicia Warthan, 32, were arrested on suspicion of felony drug charges at 6:25 p.m. after a traffic stop in the parking lot of the Rand Motel. Shirey was arrested on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine, three paraphernalia counts and following too close to another vehicle. Warthan was arrested on suspicion of possession of prescription drugs without a prescription. Shirey's bail totals $5,575. Warthan's bail was set at $2,500.
• At 12:14 a.m., a 48-year-old Vallejo, Calif., man was arrested on suspicion of marijuana charges after deputies questioned him for apparently trying to hot wire a car in the 500 block of North Carson Street. He was the owner of the vehicle but deputies saw what appeared to be marijuana in the vehicle console. A search revealed a small amount of the drug in a bag. Bail was set at $600.
Trending In: Crime
- Murder suspect in Fallon faces arraignment
- 2 Carson City businesses fail alcohol compliance check
- Man arrested on charges of being a fugitive from justice, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Douglas Co. investigating double shooting at Topaz Ranch Estates
- Two arrested on warrants, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office