Carson City Sheriff’s Office investigating toddler’s death
March 17, 2017
The death of a female toddler is under investigation by the Carson City Sheriff's Office.
Thursday, Carson City Sheriff's deputies and fire/paramedics responded to the 100 block of Manzanita Terrace in north Carson City on the report of an unresponsive child who had fallen.
At arrival, the 2 1/2 year old female was being administered CPR by her caretaker. Fire/paramedic crews treated the patient and rushed her to the hospital where she died, according to a press release from Sheriff Ken Furlong.
Sheriff's detectives remained on scene at two residential locations in north Carson City, the second location on Yukon Court, investigating this incident. While no arrests have been made, the incident is being investigated as a suspicious death, Furlong said. An autopsy is anticipated to take place over the weekend.
No further details are available at this time.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Crime
- Woman arrested after attempting to give drugs to prison inmate says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested on suspicion of eluding, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested after driving into residence, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested on warrant allegedly felony sexual assault says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Tahoe woman sentenced for mortgage fraud