Carson City Sheriff’s Office seeking volunteers
September 20, 2017
The Carson City Sheriff's Office is looking for interested persons for their Volunteers in Partnership with the Sheriff program.
Volunteers assist with a number of law enforcement duties that enable deputies to spend more time on law enforcement duties.
Currently, there are opportunities and supportive services for the front counter support providing clerical duties, addressing questions and offering information to the public; Patrol operations assist at accidents, parking violations and other activities; jail visitation appointment scheduling; and VIPS for Vets program to provide support services to veterans.
No experience is needed to volunteer and training will be provided.
Interested parties should contact Ken Smith at 775-283-7810 for information or pick up an application at the front counter of the Sheriff's Office at 911 E. Musser Street.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- 2 held on domestic battery charges, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Two arrested on suspicion of drug trafficking says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Reno man arrested on felony failure to appear says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Multiple deaths in Silver Springs being investigated
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population
- SlotWorld Casino in Carson City closing Sunday for remodel