Carson man charged with assault with a bat, hammer
August 13, 2014
A Carson City man faces battery with a deadly weapon charges after allegedly assaulting his ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend.
When deputies arrived Tuesday, the victim was found bleeding from the neck, head and arm. He said his girlfriend's ex-boyfriend, Benjamin Smith, drove up in a truck, got out and assaulted him with a baseball bat and a hammer.
The man said he blocked the bat with his left arm and managed to take the bat away. According to the arrest report, Smith then swung the hammer at him, hitting his shoulder, then threw the hammer, which missed, before fleeing.
Smith was arrested after deputies located him several blocks away on South Roop and East 2nd streets. Smith was charged with battery and held in lieu of $30,000 bail.
Trending In: Crime
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary
- Man arrested on suspicion of felony elder abuse says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested on suspicion of robbery says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Woman arrested for slashing tires, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- High Desert inmate death under investigation