Couple arrested for having sex in public
July 23, 2014
A man and woman were arrested Monday evening on charges they were having sex in public.
Deputy Gary Denham was dispatched to the DMV office just after 5 p.m. where the reporting party pointed out a man on top of a woman in the grassy area between DMV and Office Depot.
According to Denham's arrest report: "I walked to where the two subjects were having sex and stood behind them … before announcing, 'Is this the best place for you two to have sex?'"
The 28-year-old Carson City man and 44-year-old Carson City woman share an address on Desatoya Drive in Carson City.
The woman, according to the police report, told the deputy simply, "A man has needs."
The two were charged with sex acts in public, a felony under Nevada law, and ordered held in lieu of $7,500 apiece.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Inmate dies at state prison in Carson City
- Man arrested for felony assault with deadly weapon, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested on battery charge, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- 2 held on domestic battery charges, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office