Couple charged with sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl
July 11, 2014
A Carson City couple has been arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl with a turkey baster.
Jessica Soto Delgado-Bracamontes and Mario Quievedo were charged in a criminal complaint filed Thursday. In the complaint, Assistant District Attorney Mark Krueger accused the couple of conspiracy to commit sexual assault against a child under age 16, administering methamphetamine to that child and sexual assault.
The sexual assault charge is a Category A felony carrying a sentence of 25 years-to-life in prison.
Krueger said the apparent motive was to get the girl pregnant because Bracamontes was unable to become pregnant with Quevado's child.
They allegedly gave the girl the meth, then used the turkey baster to try impregnate the girl with Quevedo's sperm.
The complaint charges both with the crimes because, it says, they conspired to give the victim the drugs and to try impregnate her.
The attempt failed to cause a pregnancy.
Trending In: Crime
- Woman arrested for slashing tires, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested on suspicion of felony elder abuse says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary
- Local man faces two felony assault charges, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- High Desert inmate death under investigation