Ex-felon charged with Fernley kidnaping
August 1, 2017
YERINGTON — An ex-felon was arrested Tuesday morning concerning a possible kidnapping of his ex-girlfriend on Monday, according to a Lyon County Sheriff's Office release.
Richard G. Brereton, 35, was arrested at 8:30 a.m. by LCSO deputies and booked into the Lyon County Detention Center on three counts of kidnapping, three counts of assault with a deadly weapon, being an ex-felon in possession of a firearm and burglary, according to the release.
At 8:40 p.m. Monday, deputies responded to a domestic disturbance call on Trubode Lane in Fernley. On arrival, deputies were told Brereton broke into the residence earlier in the evening and waited for his ex-girlfriend to return, according to the release.
When the woman arrived, Brereton allegedly threatened her with a gun, as well as three family members who arrived a short time later. Two family members were able to take the weapon from Brereton, who ran from the house.
At 6:30 a.m. Tuesday, deputies spotted Brereton in a field east of the St. Louis Road-Emigrant Way area of Fernley and he was arrested.
People with information about this case are asked to contact the LCSO at 775-463-6620 or Secret Witness at 775-322-4900 or http://www.secretwitness.com
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Arrest made involving vehicle used to try to hit people, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Two arrested on suspicion of drug trafficking says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- 2 arrested on fugitive from justice charges, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Reno man arrested on felony failure to appear says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Multiple deaths in Silver Springs being investigated
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- SlotWorld Casino in Carson City closing Sunday for remodel
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office concerned with rising number of wrecks