Five arrested in ‘drug house’ bust
August 1, 2014
Five people were arrested late Thursday after the sheriff’s Special Enforcement Team, Gang Unit and K-9 unit descended on a residence on Condor Circle.
According to the arrest reports in the case, a confidential source and several anonymous callers told deputies there was ongoing drug activity at the location as well as two wanted subjects hiding out there.
Homeowner Christina Wahlstrom, 41, faces the most serious list of charges — four felonies as well as two misdemeanors including child endangerment because of the three juveniles found in the home. The felonies are possession of meth, intent to sell the drug, harboring a fugitive and maintaining a drug house.
Deputies obtained a search warrant after questioning her and found, among other things, 35 different pieces of drug paraphernalia. In addition, they found a purse containing more than $1,800 in cash and baggies containing small amounts of methamphetamine in the Carson Capital Cab she was driving when she arrived.
She was ordered held in lieu of $39,500 bail.
Also discovered in the house were two 4-year-olds and one 7-year-old belonging to Wahlstrom and her son Bryce Linton.
Linton was also charged with maintaining a drug house along with a gross misdemeanor child endangerment, possession of paraphernalia and contributing to the delinquency of a minor — his 16-year-old girlfriend. His bail totals $31,000.
Jonathan Canas, 21, of Dayton and Michael Hutchinson, 20, a transient, were both arrested on warrants for a variety of crimes. Hutchinson’s charges include battery on a police officer and felony escape as well as maintaining a drug house and possession of meth. Canas’s charges include felony possession, maintaining a drug house and possession of paraphernalia.
Canas faces bail totaling $23,500 and Hutchinson $57,072.
Finally, Kimberly Sebring, 22, was arrested on charges of violating her probation and possession of paraphernalia after deputies discovered her outside the condor Circle home, passed out behind the wheel of her car. A search of the vehicle turned up several hypodermics. She was held without bail on the probation violation.
Trending In: Crime
- Woman arrested on suspicion of failure to appear, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested on suspicion of possession of drugs says Carson City Sheriff’s Office.
- New uniforms for Nevada Public Safety
- Man arrested on possession of paraphernalia, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested on DUI-third after crash says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Carson City District Attorney resurrects 20 year old murder case, calling for a new trial
- Carson City Supervisors approve Vintage project
- Homicide determined ship’s fate
- Salinas begins in role as Carson City Arts and Culture Coordinator
- AD Doug Knuth, hope and promise all going right for Nevada Wolf Pack fans says Joe Santoro (column)