Furlong: Gun report on Carson High School campus believed to be false
November 13, 2015
One juvenile was arrested at Carson High School Thursday after deputies received reports of a student possibly on campus with a gun.
Deputies received information Thursday morning there may have been a female student associated with a weapon on campus. Deputies were on scene throughout the day and no weapon was recovered.
Sheriff Ken Furlong said deputies didn't believe there was an actual weapon, but the rumor may have been started for social reasons. He said they don't believe there was ever a weapon on campus.
All parties were cooperative in the investigation and Furlong said no threat to the school was suspected.
The charges on the juvenile are unknown at this time and the investigation still is ongoing. Anyone with information should contact the Sheriff's Office at 775-887-2500.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Carson City man arrested after standoff
- Carson City man arrested on suspicion of domestic battery says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Carson City man pleads not guilty to sexual assault charges
- Two arrested after stealing from merchants says Carson City Sheriff’s Office