Gardnerville woman, 95, killed in Washoe Valley crash
July 15, 2014
A Gardnerville woman was killed Monday afternoon when her car went out of control on I-580 about two miles north of Bower's Mansion.
A spokesman for the Nevada Highway Patrol said the reason the 2007 silver KIA left the roadway and hit the concrete wall on the left shoulder is unknown. Speed, alcohol and drugs were not believed to be a factor in the accident and no other vehicles were involved.
But the victim, Dorothy S. Hunter, 95, was not wearing a seatbelt when the vehicle bounced off the wall, crossed all three southbound traffic lanes and hit the concrete wall on the other side of the roadway.
The wreck occurred shortly before 3 p.m. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
Trending In: Crime
- Multiple drug and alcohol related arrested during the weekend says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Three arrested in connection with meth lab in Carson City
- Nevada Transportation Authority investigator arrested again
- Man arrested on possession of a controlled substance, failure to appear, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Corrections guard arrested on domestic charge in Carson City