High Desert inmate death under investigation
May 23, 2017
Prison officials are investigating the death of a 31-year-old prison inmate found unresponsive in his cell at High Desert State Prison May 18.
Robert Sharpe III died Saturday May 20 at Valley Hospital in Las Vegas.
Sharpe was imprisoned in June 2016. He was serving life without parole on a long list of convictions including kidnapping with substantial bodily harm, sex trafficking, conspiracy, multiple battery charges, mayhem and involuntary servitude.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Arrest made involving vehicle used to try to hit people, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Two arrested on suspicion of drug trafficking says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Reno man arrested on felony failure to appear says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- 2 arrested on fugitive from justice charges, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’ | Woman donates to Carson City Sheriff’s Office after they help her find missing wallet
- SlotWorld Casino in Carson City closing Sunday for remodel