Inmate dies at state prison in Carson City
October 18, 2017
An inmate died Tuesday at the state prison in Carson City, according to a Nevada Department of Corrections release.
The release said Samuel Blake died Tuesday at approximately 6:30 p.m., at the regional medical facility inside the Northern Nevada Correctional Center in Carson City.
Blake, 74, was committed from Clark County on Aug. 26, 1980, and was serving a life sentence for first degree murder.
The Carson City Sheriff's Office coroner responded. An autopsy will be scheduled and next of kin have been notified.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Carson City man arrested after standoff
- Man arrested for stabbing woman, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested for DUI, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Carson City man arrested on suspicion of domestic battery says Carson City Sheriff’s Office