Inmate escapes from Stewart Conservation Camp
August 8, 2014
Nevada prison officials say they're looking for a 36-year-old inmate who escaped from a conservation camp in Carson City.
The state Department of Corrections said Wednesday that James Virgil McDowell was reported missing late Tuesday from the Stewart Conservation Camp adjacent to the Northern Nevada Correctional Center.
Officials say McDowell was imprisoned May 9 after being convicted of vehicle theft in Washoe County. He was sentenced to 15 to 48 months.
He's described as 6 feet tall, weighing 180 pounds, with brown hair and green eyes.
The camp has a capacity of 360 inmates, including those assigned to wildfire crews and the prison ranch, dairy and wild horse training program.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Man arrested on DUI-third, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- 20-year-old held for stolen vehicle, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Lyon County seeks help in finding fugitive
- Man arrested on three counts of destruction of property says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- OJ Simpson faces good chance at parole in Nevada robbery