Inmate escapes from Stewart Conservation Camp
August 8, 2014
Nevada prison officials say they’re looking for a 36-year-old inmate who escaped from a conservation camp in Carson City.
The state Department of Corrections said Wednesday that James Virgil McDowell was reported missing late Tuesday from the Stewart Conservation Camp adjacent to the Northern Nevada Correctional Center.
Officials say McDowell was imprisoned May 9 after being convicted of vehicle theft in Washoe County. He was sentenced to 15 to 48 months.
He’s described as 6 feet tall, weighing 180 pounds, with brown hair and green eyes.
The camp has a capacity of 360 inmates, including those assigned to wildfire crews and the prison ranch, dairy and wild horse training program.
Trending In: Crime
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell
- Arrest made in Lyon County fatal shooting
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office issues citation for failed alcohol compliance
- Carson City man arrested in Yuba City shooting
- One dead in Silver Springs shooting