Inmate escapes from Stewart Conservation Camp
August 8, 2014
Nevada prison officials say they’re looking for a 36-year-old inmate who escaped from a conservation camp in Carson City.
The state Department of Corrections said Wednesday that James Virgil McDowell was reported missing late Tuesday from the Stewart Conservation Camp adjacent to the Northern Nevada Correctional Center.
Officials say McDowell was imprisoned May 9 after being convicted of vehicle theft in Washoe County. He was sentenced to 15 to 48 months.
He’s described as 6 feet tall, weighing 180 pounds, with brown hair and green eyes.
The camp has a capacity of 360 inmates, including those assigned to wildfire crews and the prison ranch, dairy and wild horse training program.
Trending In: Crime
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested on suspicion of failure to register as sex offender, ex-felon
- Carson City man killed in motorcyle crash
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested on suspicion of drug trafficking
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Woman arrested on suspicion of child neglect, battery on a peace officer
- Man stabbed in altercation in Carson City