Inmate escapes from Stewart Conservation Camp
August 8, 2014
Nevada prison officials say they're looking for a 36-year-old inmate who escaped from a conservation camp in Carson City.
The state Department of Corrections said Wednesday that James Virgil McDowell was reported missing late Tuesday from the Stewart Conservation Camp adjacent to the Northern Nevada Correctional Center.
Officials say McDowell was imprisoned May 9 after being convicted of vehicle theft in Washoe County. He was sentenced to 15 to 48 months.
He's described as 6 feet tall, weighing 180 pounds, with brown hair and green eyes.
The camp has a capacity of 360 inmates, including those assigned to wildfire crews and the prison ranch, dairy and wild horse training program.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Dayton man held on trespassing charge, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Inmate dies at state prison in Carson City
- Man arrested for felony assault with deadly weapon, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested after trying to fight deputies, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office