Inmate who walked away in Carson City arrested
September 8, 2017
Nevada Department of Corrections Officers from the Inspector General's Office arrested an inmate who walked off a work detail without incident on Thursday night.
The investigators arrested Michael Ariola at 8 p.m. at a Reno motel. Ariola has been returned to the Northern Nevada Correctional Center.
At 10 a.m. Tuesday, Ariola, a minimum security inmate, walked away from a work detail near the Department of Motor Vehicles in Carson City. He was being housed at the Stewart Conservation Camp in South Carson City.
Ariola, 35, arrived at NDOC from Pershing County on Aug. 11. He was serving 16 to 72 months for possession of stolen property.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Man arrested for stabbing woman, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Carson City man arrested after standoff
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested for DUI, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested after attempting to flee from police, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office