Iranian arrested in Carson City during immigration operation
March 14, 2017
An Iranian national was arrested in Carson City last week as part of a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement operation.
The Iranian had a conviction for drug trafficking, the federal agency said.
In all, officers last week arrested 61 people living in Nevada without legal permission, including 25 in Reno and 14 in Las Vegas.
The operation targeted 55 people with past criminal convictions, authorities said. Offenses during the five-day operation included 18 cases of DUI, eight involving drugs, seven of fraud or identify theft, three of domestic violence and three of sex crimes, officials said. One person was convicted on a traffic offense.
"During such enforcement operations, ICE officers frequently encounter additional suspects who may be in the United States in violation of federal immigration laws," ICE said in a news release. "Those persons will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and, when appropriate, arrested by ICE."
Of those taken into custody, 45 were from Mexico.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Inmate dies at state prison in Carson City
- 2 held on domestic battery charges, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested on battery charge, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Two arrested on suspicion of drug trafficking says Carson City Sheriff’s Office