Lyon County fugitive arrested in Lovelock
July 29, 2017
YERINGTON — A Silver Springs man wanted in a shooting death was arrested in Lovelock on Saturday, according to a Lyon County Sheriff's Office release.
Santiago "Sonny" Fernandez, 45, was arrested without incident.
At 7:57 a.m., the Lyon County Dispatch Center received an anonymous tip Fernandez was at a Lovelock gas station, according to the release. The Pershing County Dispatch Center was notified and Lovelock Police made the arrest as Fernandez departed the station.
Fernandez was wanted on a warrant from the Third District Court after he failed to appear for arraignment on July 17 in the fatal shooting of Robert Buchanan. Fernandez had been free on a $500,000 bond.
The LCSO requests anyone with information about the case contact the detective division at 775-577-5206 or Secret Witness at 775-322-4900 or http://www.secretwitness.com.
The case number is 17LY02525.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Carson City man arrested after standoff
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Carson City man arrested on suspicion of domestic battery says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested for DUI, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested for stabbing woman, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office