Man accused of purse snatching pleads innocent
April 28, 2014
The man accused of robbing an 80-year-old woman by snatching her purse pleaded innocent before District Judge James Todd Russell on Monday.
Jeremy Wilson, who remains in custody, will face trial June 30 on the charges, which are classified as a major felony.
The robbery charge could bring a maximum 15 years in prison.
Because of the victim's age, he also faces the elderly victim enhancement, which carries a maximum 20 years in prison.
Kevin Wrzesinski, who admitted hiding the purse for Wilson after the crime, pleaded guilty to a gross misdemeanor and agreed to testify against Wilson at trial. He could receive up to 364 days in the Carson jail for his part in the crime.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Dayton man held on trespassing charge, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested for felony assault with deadly weapon, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Inmate dies at state prison in Carson City
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested on battery charge, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office