Man accused of purse snatching pleads innocent
April 28, 2014
The man accused of robbing an 80-year-old woman by snatching her purse pleaded innocent before District Judge James Todd Russell on Monday.
Jeremy Wilson, who remains in custody, will face trial June 30 on the charges, which are classified as a major felony.
The robbery charge could bring a maximum 15 years in prison.
Because of the victim’s age, he also faces the elderly victim enhancement, which carries a maximum 20 years in prison.
Kevin Wrzesinski, who admitted hiding the purse for Wilson after the crime, pleaded guilty to a gross misdemeanor and agreed to testify against Wilson at trial. He could receive up to 364 days in the Carson jail for his part in the crime.
Trending In: Crime
- Three arrested in connection with meth lab in Carson City
- Nevada Transportation Authority investigator arrested again
- Man arrested on possession of a controlled substance, failure to appear, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Corrections guard arrested on domestic charge in Carson City
- Multiple drug and alcohol related arrested during the weekend says Carson City Sheriff’s Office