Man held in sexual assault of child
August 8, 2014
An Indian Hills man is in custody for sexual assault on a 5-year-old child.
Derek Paul Kalaman, 32, was arrested after deputies responded to a home in the north county neighborhood.
According to the arrest report, Kalaman left the residence before they got there, but they contacted him nearby.
When deputies approached him, he allegedly admitting to molesting the child. It’s alleged the instances occurred three to four times over the course of a year.
He’s being held in Douglas County Jail on charges of sexual assault and sexual assault on a child.
Kalaman was scheduled to appear in East Fork Justice Court on Friday.
Trending In: Crime
- Carson City man killed in motorcyle crash
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Woman arrested on suspicion of warrant
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell
- Man stabbed in altercation in Carson City
- Carson City man arrested in Yuba City shooting