Man held in sexual assault of child
August 8, 2014
An Indian Hills man is in custody for sexual assault on a 5-year-old child.
Derek Paul Kalaman, 32, was arrested after deputies responded to a home in the north county neighborhood.
According to the arrest report, Kalaman left the residence before they got there, but they contacted him nearby.
When deputies approached him, he allegedly admitting to molesting the child. It’s alleged the instances occurred three to four times over the course of a year.
He’s being held in Douglas County Jail on charges of sexual assault and sexual assault on a child.
Kalaman was scheduled to appear in East Fork Justice Court on Friday.
Trending In: Crime
- Three arrested in connection with meth lab in Carson City
- Nevada Transportation Authority investigator arrested again
- Man arrested on possession of a controlled substance, failure to appear, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested on child neglect, domestic battery, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Corrections guard arrested on domestic charge in Carson City