Man sentenced in deadly shooting at Indian colony
April 23, 2014
The man who shot and killed Linford Dick at the Battle Mountain Indian Colony has been sentenced to 30 years in federal prison.
Daniel James Draper, 48, was convicted by a jury of voluntary manslaughter in the December 2011 shooting. Federal District Judge Robert C. Jones imposed the maximum sentence.
The trial was held in federal court because the shooting occurred on the Indian Colony.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Update: One suspect arrested in Carson City homicide case
- Several arrested on drug charges over the weekend, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Two suspects arrested in Northern Nevada in relation to Oregon homicide
- Reno man indicted on PayPal fraud charges
- Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested after domestic battery incident