Man sentenced in deadly shooting at Indian colony
April 23, 2014
The man who shot and killed Linford Dick at the Battle Mountain Indian Colony has been sentenced to 30 years in federal prison.
Daniel James Draper, 48, was convicted by a jury of voluntary manslaughter in the December 2011 shooting. Federal District Judge Robert C. Jones imposed the maximum sentence.
The trial was held in federal court because the shooting occurred on the Indian Colony.
Trending In: Crime
- Carson City man killed in motorcyle crash
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested on suspicion of drug trafficking
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Woman arrested on suspicion of warrant
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell
- Man stabbed in altercation in Carson City