Man sentenced in deadly shooting at Indian colony
April 23, 2014
The man who shot and killed Linford Dick at the Battle Mountain Indian Colony has been sentenced to 30 years in federal prison.
Daniel James Draper, 48, was convicted by a jury of voluntary manslaughter in the December 2011 shooting. Federal District Judge Robert C. Jones imposed the maximum sentence.
The trial was held in federal court because the shooting occurred on the Indian Colony.
Trending In: Crime
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Multiple drug and alcohol related arrested during the weekend says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested on warrant, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Three arrested in connection with meth lab in Carson City
- Man arrested after car-jacking turns into attempted kidnapping