Men identified in Saturday motorcycle crash
June 9, 2014
The Nevada Highway Patrol has identified the two people killed and three injured in a triple-motorcycle crash Saturday on State Route 341.
The two motorcyclists killed on the Geiger Grade were 68-year-old James Wood of Silver Springs and 60-year-old Robert Sanders of Reno. The third motorcyclist, 43-year-old Jacob Jensen, was hospitalized with severe injuries.
NHP says 64-year-old Linda Esterling-Wood of Silver Springs, a passenger on Wood’s orange Harley Davidson, also was severely injured.
Lisa Cissna of Reno, a 47-year-old passenger on Sanders’ black Harley, was injured but treated and released later Saturday.
Investigators say Wood and Sanders were traveling in tandem when Wood’s Harley collided with Jensen’s Honda, ejecting all three riders.
Sanders’ bike drove over the wreckage, causing Sanders and Cissna to be ejected as well.
Trooper Doug Hildebrand of the Nevada Highway Patrol’s Major Accident Investigation Team is investigating. Witnesses or anyone with more information are encouraged to reach out to him at (775) 689-4623 or firstname.lastname@example.org regarding case number NHP-140600563.
Trending In: Crime
- Man arrested on burglary says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested on suspicion of DUI says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested on suspicion of warrant says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested on DUI-third after crash says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Two arrested on suspicion of obtaining money by false means says Carson City Sheriff’s Office