More than 15 ounces of pot recovered in Carson City
July 10, 2017
Carson City Sheriff's Deputies recovered more than 15 ounces of marijuana following a traffic stop last week.
Deputies attempted to initiate a traffic stop near the Roop Street QuikStop Thursday at 9:36 p.m., after observing a vehicle with one headlight inactive. The driver of the vehicle didn't pull over until Hot Springs Road and Pine Lane, despite the patrol vehicle lights being active, reports said.
Once pulled over, deputies conducted a search of the suspect, later identified as Cody Abernathy, 24, of Fallon. Deputies located an empty capped needle, a "tie off" rope and a piece of foil on Abernathy. They then searched the vehicle and discovered five packaged bags of marijuana with a digital scale, glass pipe, several needles and a bandana tie off. The total marijuana weight was 15.11 ounces.
Abernathy was charged with possession of more than one ounce of marijuana, DUI, possession of marijuana with intent to sell and criminal contempt. Bail was set at $6,500.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Carson City man arrested after standoff
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Carson City man arrested on suspicion of domestic battery says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Carson City man pleads not guilty to sexual assault charges
- Two arrested after stealing from merchants says Carson City Sheriff’s Office