Mound House home destroyed in blaze
June 19, 2014
MOUND HOUSE — A home on Calcite Way off of Red Rock Road in Mound House was destroyed in a fire that started around 10 a.m. Monday.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the Nevada Fire Marshal Division and the Central Lyon County Fire Protection District. Neighbors reported hearing several explosions before the home was engulfed in flames.
According to Rob Loveberg, emergency management coordinator for Lyon County, the fire was reported at 9:56 a.m. When crews arrived, he said, the four adult occupants of the manufactured home had evacuated. Two of them were treated for non-life-threatening injuries and taken to Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center.
Neighbor Don Crandall saw the smoke from his work down the street.
“I came tearing up here,” he said. “It was a little too close for comfort. I thought it was going to catch my junipers on fire.”
Loveberg said in a press release that fire-suppression efforts were slowed because of a downed power line and leaking gas line.
Crews continued to mop up the fire into the afternoon.
Trending In: Crime
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested on suspicion of drug trafficking
- Carson City man killed in motorcyle crash
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested on suspicion of failure to register as sex offender, ex-felon
- Man stabbed in altercation in Carson City
- Carson City man arrested in Yuba City shooting