Nationwide warrant issued for arson felon
July 24, 2014
A nationwide, no-bail warrant was issued for the arrest of a Gardnerville Ranchos resident who was on a diversion program in an effort to avoid prison.
Richard Vonderscher Jr., 46, failed to appear in Douglas County District Court on Tuesday.
Vonderscher faces 1-4 years in prison after he admitted he doused himself and a woman who was giving him a ride with gasoline and threatened to light it on fire. He pleaded guilty to one count of felony fourth-degree arson in April.
The original incident occurred June 21, 2013.
According to prosecutors, Vonderscher has 11 convictions on his record.
Trending In: Crime
- Woman arrested for slashing tires, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary
- Man arrested on suspicion of felony elder abuse says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- High Desert inmate death under investigation
- Man arrested on suspicion of robbery says Carson City Sheriff’s Office