Nationwide warrant issued for arson felon
July 24, 2014
A nationwide, no-bail warrant was issued for the arrest of a Gardnerville Ranchos resident who was on a diversion program in an effort to avoid prison.
Richard Vonderscher Jr., 46, failed to appear in Douglas County District Court on Tuesday.
Vonderscher faces 1-4 years in prison after he admitted he doused himself and a woman who was giving him a ride with gasoline and threatened to light it on fire. He pleaded guilty to one count of felony fourth-degree arson in April.
The original incident occurred June 21, 2013.
According to prosecutors, Vonderscher has 11 convictions on his record.
Trending In: Crime
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell
- Carson City man killed in motorcyle crash
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Woman arrested on suspicion of warrant
- Man stabbed in altercation in Carson City
- Carson City man arrested in Yuba City shooting