One dead in chase, shootout
June 16, 2014
A high-speed chase that began in Carson City ended in a shootout with the suspect being killed by law enforcement Friday night, Carson City Sheriff Ken Furlong said.
Furlong said Carson City deputies received a called to be on the lookout for a white Jeep Cherokee about 7:45 p.m. Friday night.
Carson deputies spotted the vehicle that was believed to be involved in a shooting in Washoe County and the chase began.
The chase continued through Carson City through Lyon County and ended at Sand Mountain Recreation Area in Churchill County. It ended in a shootout with law enforcement, shortly before 9 p.m. No officers were hurt.
Furlong said Carson City had eight units involved. Multiple other agencies were involved in the chase and shootout.
At times the vehicle was driving more than 100 miles per hour, according to scanner traffic.
Washoe County Sheriff's Detective Lt. Tom Green says the incident developed Friday night after officers responded to a call of shots fired at a residence in Washoe Valley and found two dead female victims and one injured male victim.
No other information is currently available.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- 20-year-old held for stolen vehicle, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested on DUI-third, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested on three counts of destruction of property says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- OJ Simpson faces good chance at parole in Nevada robbery
- DMV catches fugitive who fled prison 25 years ago