Robbery suspect returned to Carson jail, $1.25 million bail set
June 17, 2014
A man arrested in connection with the Memorial Day robbery of a 101-year-old veteran has been returned to Carson City to face five separate felony counts.
Robbie Hernandez, 27, was arrested in Sparks after officers there said he fled from them first in his vehicle and then on foot.
He faces charges in that city as well as in Carson City.
He and the other man accused of participating in the robbery are both charged with conspiracy to commit burglary, home invasion, robbery of a person over 60 and assault, all with a deadly weapon.
His bail was set at $250,000 on each of the five counts for a total of $1.25 million.
The other defendant in the case, Jordan Burkhart, 24, was arrested the day of the break in. He remains in the Carson City Jail.
The two were arrested on suspicion of forcing their way into the Carson City home and holding both the victim and his caregiver at gunpoint demanding to know where the "safe" was.
There was no safe in the home and, in the end, they took just $30 and some miscellaneous property before fleeing.
Trending In: Crime
- Woman arrested for slashing tires, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Local man faces two felony assault charges, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary
- High Desert inmate death under investigation
- Man arrested on suspicion of felony elder abuse says Carson City Sheriff’s Office