Scammer claiming to be Carson undersheriff
August 22, 2014
Carson City Sheriff's officials are warning area residents not to fall for a scammer claiming to be Undersheriff Steve Albertsen. The scammer tells the target they are facing an arrest warrant.
Sheriff Ken Furlong said the scammer tells people they have an unpaid traffic ticket recorded by a traffic enforcement camera.
Nevada law prohibits a camera at an intersection from being used to issue a ticket for any violation without an officer actually being there.
Furlong said people need to know they shouldn't engage with any caller claiming there is a warrant for their arrest.
Any callers should be reported to the Carson City Communications Center at 775-887-2014.
Trending In: Crime
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary
- Man arrested on suspicion of robbery says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Transient held on battery charge, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Former Lake Tahoe Brewing Co. owner Michael Candelario surrendered to police Tuesday
- Prison for Fernley woman in deadly DUI crash