Scammer claiming to be Carson undersheriff
August 22, 2014
Carson City Sheriff's officials are warning area residents not to fall for a scammer claiming to be Undersheriff Steve Albertsen. The scammer tells the target they are facing an arrest warrant.
Sheriff Ken Furlong said the scammer tells people they have an unpaid traffic ticket recorded by a traffic enforcement camera.
Nevada law prohibits a camera at an intersection from being used to issue a ticket for any violation without an officer actually being there.
Furlong said people need to know they shouldn't engage with any caller claiming there is a warrant for their arrest.
Any callers should be reported to the Carson City Communications Center at 775-887-2014.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- 2 held on domestic battery charges, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Inmate dies at state prison in Carson City
- Two arrested on suspicion of drug trafficking says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Multiple deaths in Silver Springs being investigated