Scammer claiming to be Carson undersheriff
August 22, 2014
Carson City Sheriff’s officials are warning area residents not to fall for a scammer claiming to be Undersheriff Steve Albertsen. The scammer tells the target they are facing an arrest warrant.
Sheriff Ken Furlong said the scammer tells people they have an unpaid traffic ticket recorded by a traffic enforcement camera.
Nevada law prohibits a camera at an intersection from being used to issue a ticket for any violation without an officer actually being there.
Furlong said people need to know they shouldn’t engage with any caller claiming there is a warrant for their arrest.
Any callers should be reported to the Carson City Communications Center at 775-887-2014.
Trending In: Crime
- Three arrested in connection with meth lab in Carson City
- Multiple drug and alcohol related arrested during the weekend says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Nevada Transportation Authority investigator arrested again
- Man arrested on possession of a controlled substance, failure to appear, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Corrections guard arrested on domestic charge in Carson City