Scammer claiming to be Carson undersheriff
August 22, 2014
Carson City Sheriff’s officials are warning area residents not to fall for a scammer claiming to be Undersheriff Steve Albertsen. The scammer tells the target they are facing an arrest warrant.
Sheriff Ken Furlong said the scammer tells people they have an unpaid traffic ticket recorded by a traffic enforcement camera.
Nevada law prohibits a camera at an intersection from being used to issue a ticket for any violation without an officer actually being there.
Furlong said people need to know they shouldn’t engage with any caller claiming there is a warrant for their arrest.
Any callers should be reported to the Carson City Communications Center at 775-887-2014.
Trending In: Crime
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell
- Arrest made in Lyon County fatal shooting
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office issues citation for failed alcohol compliance
- Carson City man arrested in Yuba City shooting
- One dead in Silver Springs shooting