May 23, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• Fernando Romero, 36, was arrested on suspicion of felony robbery after reportedly grabbing money from a victim at an ATM machine shortly before 10 a.m.
He is accused of grabbing the cash from the victim who had just withdrawn it from the ATM at the Bank of America on William Street.
The investigator said as he responded he was told by another deputy he saw a man running northbound on Stewart Street near Corbett and stopped the suspect at Park Street.
The victim was brought to the scene and positively identified Romero.
Romero was arrested on suspicion of robbery and ordered held in lieu of $40,000 bail.
• At 7:32 p.m., a 53-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery after deputies were told his girlfriend had been slapped and her hair pulled when she wouldn't let him in their apartment on Burton Street. He was also arrested on suspicion of failure to appear in a case involving DUI counseling. Total bail was set at $5,000.
• At 4:13 a.m., a 39-year-old woman was arrested after a report of a domestic battery in the 1900 block of North Carson Street. The victim said his girlfriend hit him in the face and, when he tried to restrain her, started kicking him and throwing things at him. She was ordered held in lieu of $3,000 bail.
Trending In: Crime
- Woman arrested for slashing tires, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Local man faces two felony assault charges, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary
- High Desert inmate death under investigation
- Man arrested on suspicion of felony elder abuse says Carson City Sheriff’s Office